built in 1112 CE. Soapstone was found in abundance in this regions.The first temple to be built from this material was the Amrtesvara Temple in Annigeri in the Dharwad district in 1050 CE. This building was to be the prototype for later, more articulated structures such as the Mahadeva Temple at Itagi.
- 21.7 Km from Yelburga via SH 367 (25 min)
- 26.2 Km from Koppal via NH 63 & SH 367 (35 min)
- 6.2 Km from Kuknoor via kuknoor road (15 min)
The most important temple from the relegious point of view is that of Mahamaye (left side picture shows Mahamaye temple) it is in the same enclosure in which the Navalinga temple is situated, a building of considerable dimensions but devoid of architectural merits.
- 15 Km from Yelburga via SH 367 (20 min)
- 27 Km from Koppal via NH 63 & SH 367(35 min)